Monday, July 6, 2009

the vending machine


I spotted a vending machine on my way home.
I stared at it slightly more than a sec, and smiled to myself.
This might sound crazy, but I was really excited.
There are tons of crackers and snacks inside. And somehow, it looks a tad more lip-smacking than those selling at the mama shop.
I dropped 70cents, punched in D3 and tada, out comes a packet of cheezels!
The “pongbongkonk” sound really entices me in a way.
I started to search my whole bag for coins. (I looked uber unglam, like some starving primary school kid)
I found about two dollars worth of coins. (:
And so, I went home with a packet of cheezels, rollercoaster and J&J chips.
One packet of snack from the vending machine cost me 70cents, one identical packet from the mama shop cost the most 50cents.
Still, im deliriously contented with my prized possessions. (I half expected the machine to conk out; from all the terrible experiences I had with vending machines since primary school days.)

2 comments:

  1. I will be excited too because Japan has lots of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes pam! and right now, im craving for milo from those vending machine at the hospital. though it often taste disgusting, but i just want to punch the button la.

    ReplyDelete